Re: Geomview is available --- 3D object viewer

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: Geomview is available --- 3D object viewer
  • From: rsc at altair.csustan.edu (Steve Cunningham)
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 92 15:02:38 PDT
  • Newsgroups: comp.graphics,comp.graphics.visualization,comp.sys.sgi,sci.math

I was glad to see your post of information on the availability of Geomview
to the general community (although I don't have an Iris, alas...)  I've
been watching the development of mathematical research tools at your center
for some time, as I give an occasional talk on visualization in mathematics
(Charlie Gunn knows me, if it makes a difference for the request below).

I wonder whether you would have some slides of Geomview uses (and a short
description of what the slide is about)?  This would be very helpful when
I do give this talk, and perhaps I the talk would help spread the word about
your work.  I do have a copy of Charlie's "Not Knot" and have seen the
video of your minimal surface work, but I'd also like information on any
further animations you may have done recently.

Thanks -- Steve Cunningham