Re: RS600 MinneView?

  • To: mbp, software
  • Subject: Re: RS600 MinneView?
  • From: slevy
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 92 18:51:30 CDT

Yes, there was an RS-6000 Minneview a couple years back.  Normalization
did not work properly (by default objects seemed to be reduced to tiny specks
though they looked normal if scaled enough) but the other features I tried
(when MSI had a loaner RS6000) seemed OK.  Even shared-memory worked.
They may well still have it at Utah.  Somebody will clearly have to work on
it, though.  With luck, just recompiling with current compilers might locate
the remaining bugs.

Referring him to Jim Cobb or Rob McDermott sounds good to me too.  It'd be
hard to support something we can't even execute...