Missing error message

> The following command gives neither an error message nor results:
> (write transform g0 wrap)
> I know that it's not right, but it could be confusing since it looks
> right at first glance.

The syntax of the write command is

 (write
   {command,geometry,camera,transform,window}
   FILENAME
   [ID|(ID ...)]
   [self|world|universe])
   )

where the last argument (the coordinate system) is optional.

So presumably the FILENAME argument is missing from the command

	(write transform g0 wrap)

What happens, though, is that write goes ahead and interprets "g0"
as the filename and "wrap" as the ID.

One would think that as long as there is no dgeom named "wrap" this
would still generate an error when geomview attempts to interpret
"wrap" as an ID.  But because we have currently implemented coordinate
systems as special cases of IDs, and in the interest of backward
compatability, "wrap" is secretly equivalent to "world", so the effect
of the above command is to write a file named "g0" containing the
world's transform.

I've been playing with this and at the moment am still confused
because most of the time the file g0 ends up being empty, which
I don't understand, but I think this is a different problem.

--Mark