Questions about your Rendering Software GeomView on SG Iris Workstations

software@geom.umn.edu

Subj: Questions about your Rendering Software GeomView on SG Iris Workstations

Hi
My name is Andreas Wallraff from Aachen, West-Germany. I am a User of MathGroup,
which is an bulletin board for Wolfram Reasearch's Mathematica - Users. There I
got the information that you are developping some rendering software called
GeomView for Iris workstations.

Since I  am developing Graphics-Packages for engeneering applications with
Mathematica I am very interested in a system that is able to interchange
graphical data interactively wih Mathematica in order to use some external (to
Mma) rendering algorithm.

I am currently developing a Mathematica Package that is designed to display
complex Graphics3D objects. That is involvine diplay and rendering of
approximatly 10 000 polygons for smaller problems and up to 500 000 polygons for
larger problems. Since Mathematica is unable to display this ammount of polygons
with its rendering algorithms, I am looking for other solutions that do the
rendering externally and provide a reasonable interface to Mathematica.

So, as you can see I am very interested in powerful rendering systems and would
appreciate some information about your development efforts in the area of
rendering-software.

Sincerely

			Andreas Wallraff

DigitalMediaConsult                          Ingenieurbuero fuer Foerdertechnik
Andreas Wallraff                             z.H. A. Wallraff
Krefelder Str. 10                            Gruenenthaler Str. 40a
5100 Aachen                                  5100 Aachen
email: wallraff at acds.physik.rwth-aachen.de   FAX: GERMANY (0)241/12982
Tel.: GERMANY (0)241/159875