Closing pipes

  • To: software
  • Subject: Closing pipes
  • From: fowler
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 11:49:41 -0500

Is it possible that when an external module terminates, geomview does
not handle commands still in the pipe?  I wrote a test program that
seems to show this in (where else?) /u/fowler/geomview/foo.  It
creates a new geometry (a red cube) every time it gets a pick, then on
the tenth pick it sends delete messages for all the cubes and exits.
Only one or two of the cubes acutally get deleted, but when I had it
running so that it deleted everything (using exactly the same routine)
and did not terminate everything got deleted.
-Celeste