Pointlist library and warp

  • To: software
  • Subject: Pointlist library and warp
  • From: fowler
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 92 14:57:07 CDT

I installed the pointlist library I wrote and also warp.  The
pointlist library lets you get and set the points of a geomview
object.  Normally, you will probably want to get the list of points,
change it somehow, and stuff it back into the object, thus changing
the object without ever having to worry about the OOGL data structures
themselves.

Warp uses the pointlist library to deform objects - you can set up
control points and then move them around to make an object stretch and
bend.  Files demonstrating the kind of things you can do are in
/u/fowler/play/(dodec.*, sphere2.*, and teapot3.*).  You can use
Daeron's animate program to look at them.  Warp should now be usable
but probably a little flakey - beta testing would be very much
appreciated.  The only major bug I know of right now is that it
sometimes core dumps on lists (including bezier lists).  This will be
fixed RSN.

-Celeste