Re: FORMS for X?

I looked at porting Forms to X a few months ago. More specifically, I
looked at DIGS and VOGL, two sort-of reimplementations of gl to see
how much work it would be to make forms run on top of them. My
conclusion was that both digs and vogl were totally unsuited for use
with forms. They both focus on the 3D aspects of gl (which isn't too
interesting for forms) and are notably lacking in gl-compatible
character drawing, event handling and multiple windows. Unless either
of them has changed a lot over the last half year a forms-to-X port
won't have much use for them.
--
Jack Jansen        | If I can't dance I don't want to be part of
Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl | your revolution             -- Emma Goldman