[cbb at Princeton.EDU: Re: geomview]

  • To: software
  • Subject: [cbb at Princeton.EDU: Re: geomview]
  • From: mbp
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 92 11:49:51 CST

Thanks for your note.  I've gotten everything to work.  Some ideas
on making the process easier:

README for the -bin distribution could be specialized.  Currently
it includes instructions for making the file etc.  Maybe pick up
an idea from PC software and include installation instructions first.
Also needs a list of what machines it runs on.

4dview-bin and ginsu-bin is missing appropriate README instructions.
e.g., no mention of the .geomview lines needed.

.geomview could always attempt to load all of the known applications
(not reporting those it doesn't find).

running /bin/sgi/geomview should report an error.  This would force
folks to run installbin.

4dview doesn't look for files in the /data and /data/geom directories.
It also could use an example object (e.g., /u/bradb/hull/OOGL/4d.oogl
is a 4-d convex hull that Olaf built).

Thanks again for the instructions.  I'll get the new version installed
in a public directory here.                     --Brad