Unigraphics models

  • To: software
  • Subject: Unigraphics models
  • From: munzner
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 93 17:40:26 CST

After the MSRI conference I spent half a day at Carlo Sequin's lab,
when a unigraphics->oogl converter was written. I finally brought back
some converted models. I put them in /u/gcg/ngrap/data/geom: check out
ikarab.oogl, arch.oogl, office.oogl. I also finally dug up the
documentation that talks about the Unigraphics file format and the
various programs that are part of the Unigraphics project: it's on my
desk now. The Unigraphics project has mainly been used for a
grad-level Geometric Modelling class, so there are a lot of cool
models lying around Berkeley. arch.oogl and ikarab.oogl are examples.
(Sequin said he might start using geomview as the viewer for the class
in the future.) Remember the walkthrough demo of the new Berkeley CS
Dept building that Seth Teller showed to demonstrate his visibility
algorithms? They have a database of the geometry of the *entire*
building, at various levels of detail.  office.oogl is from this
database.
Tamara