external modules

   I downloaded the geomview distribution file (full version) and I can't find
   the example which explains how to write an external module (it was supposed
   to be in the directory "etc" which does not exist). Can you tell where I
   can find it ?

Are you *sure* you have the source distribution? Did you get
pub/geomview/old/versions/geomview-1.2.3.tar.Z? Since this is pretty
obscure, I just made it a bit easier to find by making the link
pub/geomview/old/geomview-src.tar.Z.

Where does it say it's supposed to be in "etc"? The README says:

For an example of an external program that communicates with geomview
via a pipe, see the directory src/bin/example.  This directory also
contains a tutorial in the file tutorial.ps, which is a postscript
file that you can print on your laser printer.

   merci d'avance,

De rien,

Tamara Munzner          ((555) 555-5555
munzner at geom.umn.edu    The Geometry Center