Re: OFF software needed quick!

> Help!  I need some software which will process OFF object
> files to either
> a) Bring up the object in at least wireframe
> b) Convert to a RenderMan .rib file
> NeXT binaries can be mailed to me, if you've got 'em on hand,
> or I'll compile the necessary code.

We have software in our anonymous ftp directory (geom.umn.edu) here
which will convert OFF to RIB.

Get pub/geomview/mathooglrib.next.tar.Z.  This is packaged up as a
converter from Mathematica Graphics3D or SurfaceGraphics objects to
RIB. It includes a C binary oogl2rib which converts from OOGL to RIB
format, via OOGL format. OOGL, which stands for Object Oriented
Graphics Library, was developed here in conjunction with our 3D
viewer, geomview, which is almost done being ported to Quick RenderMan
on the NeXT. It includes a number of file formats, one of which is
OFF. Be warned that our variant of OFF format doesn't seem to be
completely standard. Let me know if your files aren't converted
correctly.

You can either convert just the geometry, or get a full RIB file with
default appearance and camera settings. See the usage message for
details.

Tamara Munzner          ((555) 555-5555
munzner at geom.umn.edu    The Geometry Center