RE: Documentation on Geomview

  • To: lomonaco at cs.umbc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Documentation on Geomview
  • From: slevy
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 93 13:47:11 -0500

Hi -- you've probably heard this by now, but in case you haven't the story is:
the only Geomview documentation is the collection of files on line,
i.e. the manual pages and files in the "doc" directory.

Interesting files in the doc directory include "oogltour" and "overview";
it's also worth scanning the CHANGES file.  File formats are described in the
"man/cat5/oogl.5" man page.

To make the man pages accessible with the "man" command, add something like
   setenv MANPATH /usr/local/geomview/man:/usr/catman
to the .login file in your home directory (replacing "/usr/local/geomview"
in the above with the directory where geomview was installed).

Tamara has arranged that you get printed copies of these same files.

We're sorry that nothing better is available at present; more coherent
documentation will be written when we have time.

   Stuart