PS snapshot shading

> From msjolly at silver.ucs.indiana.edu Wed Aug 18 16:09:21 1993
> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1993 16:09:17 -0500
> From: "michael s. jolly" <msjolly at silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
> To: slevy at geom
>

> Stuart,
>
> Do you know of any way to adjust the shading in PS Snapshot.
> The result from this approach would be great if
> it did not shade so dark.
>
>                   Mike

Hmm -- no, I don't know of any easy way to tweak it.  That's annoyed me, too.

One kludge might be to post-process the Postscript to lighten all the colors
(or gray shades) before printing it.  Could do that with this
(replacing "1.5" by some arbitrary number):

 sed -e "s/setgray/1.5 mul &/" \
     -e "s/setrgbcolor/3 {1.5 mul 3 1 roll} repeat &/" <snap.ps >newsnap.ps

Maybe some future version of pssnap will have a real brightness control --
or real lighting.