Re: source code

> Would it be possible to see at least an older version of the geomview
> source code.  In particular, I am interested in the internal polyhedra
> representation you use to facilitate object slicing, as well as the code to
> do such slicing.

There are two forms of 'slicing' which geomview does. One is the slicing with
hardware clipping planes at draw time and the other is done by an external
module called 'ginsu' which actually modifies the geometry of the object by
slicing it into two pieces with a virtual slicing plane. I assume you are
referring to the latter. The source code for ginsu is available via anonymous
ftp from geom.umn.edu as /pub/geomview/old/ginsu.tar.Z.

The most essential part of the source code is that contained in clip.h and clip.C.
The internal C++ data structure for the object being sliced is defined here, as
well as the algorithm responsible for doing the slicing.

Hope this helps,
-Daeron