Re: File formats

> Dear SciTooler,
> The collection of different file formats is still very incomplete.
> Please help! Send me (documented) examples.

In the next message I am sending you the man page for the OOGL
format, which is used in the mathematical visualization community to
describe geometric objects in various dimensions.  The Geometry
Center has a variety of converters for this format already, and the
format is straightforward enough that it is pretty easy to write new
converters.

The central program which uses this format is Geomview, a
visualization and animation tool with a mathematical slant (e.g. you
can visualize non-Euclidean geometry); there are also many "modules"
and programs that tie into it (e.g. Mathematica).   Geomview
currently runs on NeXT and SGI, and will soon
If you are interested to try it out, you can FTP Geomview and related
materials from geom.umn.edu.