Geomview for NeXT

	I am the system administrator for the Brigham Young University Department
of Mathematic's NeXT and HP computer labs and an undergraduate student in
mathematics and electrical engineering.  There is a lot of work being done to
expand the computer facilities of the math department in order to look at new
ways of teaching and researching mathematics. Our Assistant Chair, Dr. Gerald
Armstrong pointed out a column about Geomview in the October 1993 volume of
Notices of the American Mathematical Society.  Both of us are quite interested in
this software.  I have downloaded it for the NeXT lab and have sent the SGI
source to Jan Petersen, the system administrator over the entire math department,
because many of our faculty have SGI machines in their offices.  We will be sure
to give whatever constructive feedback we think of, and in return I would like to
be kept up on future ports and versions of this and other software being
developed at the Geometry Center.  We just received 15 HP 9000/715 machines and
we have ordered 13 486DX2/66 machines to run NeXTSTEP, Mathematica, Maple and
other mathematical software.  You can undoubtably see my interest in a port of
Geomview to NS/FIP.  My own areas of research are Linear Algebra, Numerical
Analysis and Signal Analysis. I use computers extensively as tools in these areas
and will be choosing one of these fields for graduate work.

Thank You,

Paul M. Cardon
Brigham Young University