Re: Geomview 1.4.1: Free 3D viewer for SGI, NeXTStep, Sun (beta)

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: Geomview 1.4.1: Free 3D viewer for SGI, NeXTStep, Sun (beta)
  • From: Tuomas J Lukka <lukka at cc.helsinki.fi>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1993 21:54:43 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.graphics,comp.graphics.visualization

In article <CI3E6A.C8x at news.cis.umn.edu> you write:
>The staff of the Geometry Center announce the release of version 1.4.1
>of Geomview, an interactive geometry viewing program.  This version of
>Geomview runs on Silicon Graphics IRIS workstations, NeXT
>workstations, and 486 PCs running NeXTStep 3.x.  The distribution
>includes source code and compiled binaries for these architectures.
>
>A preliminary beta release of an X windows version of Geomview for Sun
>Sparcstations is also available.

Is there source code for the X release? This is because I would
very much like to run it at home on my 486 linux PC and any X source
that runs on a sun (without using any sun-specific widget sets etc)
runs here very well.

Geomview is I think just what I need for some of my molecular
work.

But when ftp'ing to look around, I noticed also 'surface evolver'..
which systems does it require to work?

	Tjl