Re: Program For Stereo View

  • To: hosoo at paradise
  • Subject: Re: Program For Stereo View
  • From: slevy
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 94 19:16:18 -0600
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.sgi.graphics

In article <1994Jan18.131156.7212 at worak.kaist.ac.kr> you write:
>Subject: Program For Stereo View
> ... I am beginer of Stereo Graphics. I use Crystal Eyes, and the program
> I have is only 'nestedcube' - 4Dgifts' demo program. Where can I get more
> Stereo programs.
>And I also wonder what is 3d gif?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>	hosoo at paradise.kaist.ac.kr
>	KAIST AI-VISION Lab

You could pick up Geomview, our 3-D viewer, which includes a stereo module.
Since we don't have Crystal Eyes, I'm not sure whether it works with them,
but there's a good chance it will.

Geomview is available by anonymous FTP from geom.umn.edu (128.101.25.35)
in pub/software/geomview.  See the file README in that directory.
You'll probably want to pick up geomview-sgi.tar.Z, which is about 6
megabytes long.

I've never heard of "3d gif".  Are you asking in general about file formats for
describing 3-dimensional objects, or have you heard of something by that name?

   Stuart Levy, Geometry Center, University of Minnesota