Re: NeXTSTEP

I definitely transferred in binary, both in ftp and using zmodem
to download it to my machine at home. I get the same numbers for
"sum geomview-next.tar" on a Sun machine right now. I will try it
at home later. The only thing I noticed when downloading was early
on I got a "bad data subpacket" after which  things slowed down for a
moment but the picked back up. I then compared file sizes on both
machines (5498880) and they agreed. If I use the NeXT tool for
unarchiving I don't get anything, but I tried it from a shell using
"tar -xvof geomview-next.tar" and I got a README file that was good
for about 2 or 3 pages then turned into garbage.

It may be something happening in the download. I guess my next
plan will be to uuencode it, break up and put it on disks.

Thanks.

Rob