Re: Geomview on NeXT

Could you send a copy of one of the troublesome MESH files?

I just tried the Mathematica recipe you gave, and though there were a number
of complex values truncated to real ones, the resulting file seems to be fine,
and geomview has no trouble reading it.  How old (from what Geomview release)
is your OOGL.m file?  (If you send a MESH file, could you send OOGL.m too?)

As for the mysterious ``DPS context'' etc. errors, they seem to be
related to some kind of Next bug; it's hard to track them down.  It depends on
the kind of hardware you have.  The story as I know it:

   On NeXTstations, NextStep 3.1's quick renderman seems to be more reliable
   than NextStep 3.0, so if you have a NextStation running 3.0 it may be
	worth upgrading.

   However, on NeXTCubes with the NextDimension board, nothing works very well.
        NextStep 3.0 is fairly usable but may be flaky in the way you mention;
        NextStep 3.1 is completely unusable, with frequent window-server
		    crashes and incorrect shading;
	NextStep 3.2 seems to be functional again though I'm not sure.

  Stuart