labeling

> I am trying to find out if it is possible to label points and axes
> is geomview, and I haven't been able to find anything in the manual
> yet.  Can this be done?

Sorry for the long delay in responding to your question.

The current Geomview distribution does not include a way of generating
text labels.  What I have done in similar situations is to use the INST
file format to put a copy of some simple object, like "dodec.off", at
the spots that I want to mark, and use different colors to distinguish
between several such things.

We have recently developed an external module that generates text
labels, but it's not ready for distribution yet.   We'll send a note
to the geomview-users mailing list (which you're on) when it's
ready.

Mark Phillips
Geometry Center