[Update REQ 5050]: GeomView

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: [Update REQ 5050]: GeomView
  • From: "Ed Chi" <chi>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 18:13:19 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, Declan and Nick,

Thanks for writing back with the problem report.  I'll respond to each
one of your points below:

1) As far as the open file problem you are experiencing, we do not know
what the problem comes from and have no fix for this.  We do know that
Xgeomview runs fine under SunOS 4.x.  We don't have a Sun machine running
Solaris here, and therefore, have no way of checking out this problem.

I talked to people on the Xgeomview development team here, and they
suggested running the binary that's ftp'able from our ftp site at
geom.umn.edu.  Hopefully the binary executable will work for you.

2) You said you had to change the location of the objects in Webnode.C.
The object that's hardcoded in the Webnode.C will be available always at
our web site, but it's fine that you changed it.

3)  I wonder what was the problem you were running into with the labeling
in Webspace.  Could you be more specific and perhaps tell us what was the
change you made?

4)  There is a standard "Geometry Center Weboogl repository" at our
www.geom server.  It's at:
http://www.geom.umn.edu/cgi-bin/weboogl-list
This URL is accessible at the bottom of our Weboogl page:
http://www.geom.umn.edu/docs/weboogl/weboogl.html

5) it would be nice to know what changes you had to make to make the
weboogl.perl script run correctly on your solaris machine.  Please sent
us the difference.

I'm glad you've enjoyed our Weboogl and Geomview projects.

--Ed

PS: The following email is included so we can log this stuff in our
software request system.