[Closed REQ 5015] animation in geomview under NeXT

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: [Closed REQ 5015] animation in geomview under NeXT
  • From: "Daeron Meyer" <daeron>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 94 5:58:59 CDT

> dear people,
>
> it's very kind of you, not only to offer really professional software
> for free, but also to help with problems. Now, we do/did have some
> problems with version 1.4.1 on a next 3.2 (intel) machine. First of
> all, it took me hours to find out, that at the very end of an
> off-file there must be an empty line (or cr). Is that a bug or just a
> feature? Now I would like to make an animation, if possible 'by
> hand'. The only way I can imagine is to load and delete all objects I
> want to show. But there is an animation module included...and I could
> not find out, how to make it work. Unfortunately nothing is in the
> manual. Furthermore, I thought it should be possible to save all the
> objects (output of my program) in one file, for example with the LIST
> command, but it doesn't work neither, and I could not find an example
> in the manual. How do I have to write a number of polytops in one
> file, but to be able to show each one seperately one after/besides
> the other?
> Is there an improved version for NeXT or for HP-PA 712 or 735?
>
> Thank you very much.
> Benno Bueeler,

Hello Benno,

  Sorry for the long delay in responding to your letter. First off, you
might want to pick up a more recent version of Geomview for NextStep.
The main reason you should do this is that we found the Intel version
of Geomview was broken due to a bug in the compiler. This might have
caused the bug you experienced with off files.

  To use the animate module, all you need to do is click on the "Load"
button. This will give you a browser from which you can select all the
object files you want to load. Once you have outlined all the files
by dragging across them with the mouse, click on "Ok" or press return.
The objects should then appear one by one in Geomview and their names
will also appear as a list in the animate main window. You can either
loop through the objects by clicking on "Loop" or you can single step
through the objects either forward or backward using the appropriate
"Step" button. You can also click on any name in the list to go to that
object.

Hope this helps,
Daeron