Re: [Update REQ 5094]: Previous questions

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5094]: Previous questions
  • From: "Stuart Levy" <slevy>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 94 17:14:06 -0500

Hi.  We tried to reply, but got the mail bounced back.  Here's another attempt:

> Further, I find that the gvx process keeps running
> constantly, taking up all of the cpu. Is this normal?

There's a bug in the current X geomview which sometimes leaves objects
apparently stopped, but actually moving at an extremely slow rate (e.g.
one unit per month).  The STOP button (or H key) will actually stop the motion;
when truly stopped, geomview should take very little CPU time.

You can probably tell when things are infinitesimally moving since the
cursor flickers slightly as the window is continually redrawn (at least,
it does on our X servers).

   Stuart