[ REQ 5099]: Installation of evolver in Iris Indigo2 Extreme

 Dear Sirs,

  We have installed succesfully the binary files  of Geomview in our
 Iris Indigo 2 extreme.
 However, we have not been able to insatall the  evolver properly.
 We have edited the Makefile of  evolver and edited to get the
silicon graphics compilation with geomview, but the machine, after
 listing  the *.c files and generating the *.o files gives
 the following warning message:

cfe: Warning 709: iriszgraph.c, line 231: Incompatible pointer type
   graph_edge  = irisz_
Then displays the following:

cc -Olimit 3000 -O2 -DIRIS -DOOGL   calcforc.o
variable.o trirevis.o stringl.o stringq.o model.o fixvol.o query.o
 matrix.o grapher.o painter.o filml.o
filmq.o torvol.o lexinit.o graphgen.o modify.o userio.o
boundary.o curtest.o display.o yexparse.o lexyy.o ytab.o hessian.o
evaltree.o cnstrnt.o verpopst.o popfilm.o machine.o
veravg.o  pixgraph.o tmain.o  tordup.o wulff.o
help.o psgraph.o check.o   utility.o skeleton.o  storage.o
dump.o iterate.o filgraph.o zoom.o softimag.o mvgraph.o
lowbound.o diffuse.o sqcurve.o klein.o command.o hidim.o
simplex.o metric.o torus.o quotient.o alice.o sdrv.o odrv.o
userfunc.o kusner.o sparsem.o simequi2.o geomgraph.o
symtable.o exprint.o quantity.o meanint.o dodecGroup.o registry.o
khyp.o gauss.o knotenergy.o eval_all.o lexinit2.o evalmore.o
knot2.o teix.o sqcurve2.o hessian2.o method1.o method2.o
intrsect.o bk.o iriszgraph.o -lgl_s -lmalloc -lc_s -o evolver -lm

After this the machine doesnot display anything and does not delete the
*.o files and no message of installation complete is displayed.

A file evolver appears and can be run, but it doesnot use the geomview
for displaying.

We have the Irix 5.2 operating system.

I wonder if you could help us in this matter to install the evolver
properly..

Yours sincerely,

					Dr. Humberto Terrones
                                        Institute of Physics
                                        UNAM, Mexico

  stringl.o stringq.o model.o fixvol.o query.o matrix.o grapher.o painter.o filmq.o torvol.o lexinit.o graphgen.o modify.o userio.o boundary.o curtest.o yexparse.o lexyy.o ytab.o hessian.o