[ REQ 5129]: Bug in DEC ALPHA OSF version of Geomview 1.5.0

Good afternoon,

	I would like to report a bug in version 1.5.0 for the
DEC ALPHA OSF.  We have several ALPHAs in our lab and Geomview 1.5.0
only seems to work correctly on machines that have unaccelerated
graphics.  On machines that have either a PXG card or a Kubota
Denali Subsystem Geomview will try to start up, flash the
main view window for a fraction of a second, and then exit.

	I have tried this with both the procompiled and source
versions and get the same behavior.  Now, running it through
dbx reveals that it exits in line 96 of the file mgx11windows.c,
inside the function  Xmg_setx11display.  Looking in that area we have:

  while (colfail && colorlevels > 1)
  {
    if (XAllocColorCells(dpy, cmap, False, planemasks, nplanes, mgx11colors,
		 (unsigned int)(colorlevels*colorlevels*colorlevels+1)))
      colfail = 0;
    else
      colorlevels--;
  }

if (colfail)
  {
    fprintf(stderr, "Couldn't allocate enough colors. Try closing other X apps first.\n");

    exit(0);   <======== line it exits in
  }

Now, I guess the trouble lay in the fact that the accelerated displays
are also TrueColor displays, while the unaccelerated ones are
PseudoColor displays.

	Thanks a lot,

		Randy Paffenroth
		Institute for Physical Science and Technology