[ REQ 5147]: Geomview-1.5 port to RS/6000

 Friday I wrote

>WhWhen compiling gvx from the Geomview-1.5.src.x11 distribution the following
>symbols are unresolved as reported by the linker:
>	XShmPutImage
>	XShmDetach
>	XShmAttach
>	XShmCreateImage
>	XShmQueryExtension

AAfter some detective work it turned out these functions are a part of XShm.c
iin the /usr/lpp/X11/Xamples/extensions/lib/ directory and archived into a
llibrary called libXextSam.a in the same directory to be linked in /usr/lib/X11
if installed.  I went ahead and built libXextSam.a and placed it in the
GGeomview/lib/x11 directory.  Adding -lXextSam at the end of the Makefile in
GGeomview/src/bin/geomview/x11/O.x11/ resulted in a stable executable.  I had
pppreviously added -lXextSam to Geomview/makefiles/mk.6000 which resulted in
fatal errors when attempting to modify polygon color properties.

II hope this helps in assisting other RS6000 users with building Geomview.

Best,
 Barry Kaufman <sikbdk at rcinet.utc.com> or <bkaufman at sikorsky.com>