[ REQ 5178]: nd-stuff and tcl/tk

(Quite) a while back (Sept 16) I asked if I could get a (some sort
of) version of the stuff that Brian et. al. did this summer.

Namely:

1) the modules that he wrote for coloring and slicing of 4d-objects
2) the 4d tetris that he (and others) wrote.

If possible I would like to be able to run these on Next (and SGI)
hardware.  (I do have X windows for the NeXT--CoXist-- and  tcl/tk as
well).

Is this possible?

*****ALSO********ALSO********ALSO********ALSO********ALSO***

My understanding is that (one) reason for the delay is the problem of
how package this stuff since it uses  tcl/tk (email from slevy of
Sept21).

So my second question relates to this.

Last summer, the thinking of the staff was that  tcl/tk was the
"weapon of choice" in writing portable geomview modules.  (for
example, the reply  [ REQ 5034] from Mark) I have an undergraduate in
the process of doing this--but he as yet has not gotten into the "
tcl/tk" part of things, but will be there soon--probably mid January.

So my question is:  Is this still the "right thing" to do?  Or are
the bundling problems,that seem to be the case, causing second
thoughts?

(Note: I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon for family vacation plus
the S. F. Math Meeting; back Jan 13--will try and check e-mail but
not sure how often while I am away)