[ REQ 5183]: A handy Geomview module.

Thought you might possibly be interested in a Geomview module I wrote;
its purpose is (nearly) identical to that of the PS Snaphot module.
Unlike 'pssnap', my module, called 'saveeps', produces an Encapsulated
PostScript (EPS) file that is an actual snapshot of the current camera
window; it does no rendering on its own.  The files produced by
saveeps are rather large; a full-screen full-color window on an
Indigo2 XZ (1280x1024 24 bit) forms a 7 megabyte file.  Saveeps is
implemented as a trio of scripts using software (tcl/tk/wish and
NetPBM) which I believe are installed on the Geometry Center machines.
I have only tested them on our machine (IRIX 5.2 and Geomview 1.5) but
they should work on the Center machines easily.  They may require
some changes; the first lines of the files 'saveeps' 'saveeps-x' and
'saveeps-help' may need editing to change the pathnames of the
programs to interpret the scripts.

Pros and cons of SaveEPS (relative to pssnap):
Pros
	- image identical to camera window
	- SaveEPS is much more compact if you don't count the other
		software it requires.
Cons
	- Output files tend to be big
	- The output files get jagged if you take a snapshot of too
		small a window.
	- Requires 'tcl/tk' and 'netpbm' software packages
	- Hastily written and VERY naive
	- The program 'pnmtops' which saveeps uses crashes often; a
		lot of the code in saveeps is to clean up after that
		and inform the user in a less-threatening manner.

Still, it can be useful in some instances.