Re: [Update REQ 5196]:

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5196]:
  • From: "Tim Rowley" <trowley>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 95 8:11:38 CST

> 1. RS 6000
>
> [ link problem for gvx /w symbols XShmPutImage & XShmDetach ]

This problem is caused by the slightly nonstandard AIX libraries.  We
have fixed this in the latest source distribution.  You can either get
a new source distribution from ftp.geom.umn.edu or add the following
lines to Geomview/src/lib/mg/x11/mgx11windows.c after the #includes:

#ifdef AIX
#include "/usr/lpp/X11/Xamples/extensions/lib/XShm.c"
#endif

> 2. 486
>
> Reading the source I realized I don't have Motif libraries and header files.
> Can I compile it without Motif ?

No, the X version requires Motif to compile.  If you're running Linux
on your 486, we have a binary distribution of geomview
(geomview-linux.tar.Z).

--
Tim Rowley  --  trowley at geom.umn.edu  --  "Do or do not, there is no try."