[ REQ 5213]: nd-stuff and tcl/tk

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: [ REQ 5213]: nd-stuff and tcl/tk
  • From: "Mark Phillips" <mbp>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 10:29:41 -0600

Tim (or whoever else knows about this):

In the context of a larger message to me about a variety
of things, Dennis Roseman reported the following problems
with getting NDView to work on his NeXT.  Can you please
take a look at it and get back to him with an answer?  Thanks.

--Mark

<from Dennis:>

I ran geom view in a CoExist shell window.  It started up--NDview
module started OK. And I got working windows widgets etc.

And the following error messages:

********

dimension4> geomview &
[1] 405
dimension4> Can't find file NDview/scripts/4d.2bigwins
Can't find file NDview/scripts/4d.2bigwins
Can't find file NDview/scripts/4d.2bigwins
Can't find file NDview/scripts/4dcol.w.rb
Can't find file NDview/scripts/4dcol.w.rb
Can't find file NDview/geom/4cube
Can't find file NDview/geom/4cube

*********

However, they have been installed as shown below (by the install.nd
script that was bundled with the ndStuff):

dimension4> cd /LocalApps/Geomview.app

dimension4> ls
CHANGES         appicon.tiff    geomview*       look.tiff
reset.tiff
CONFIG.gv       bin/            geomview.gv     man/
rotate.tiff
COPYING         center.tiff     geomview.old*   maple/
scale.tiff
English.lproj/  data/           include/        mathematica/
stop.tiff
Geomview*       doc/            install*        modules/
tools/
INSTALL         docicon.tiff    install.log     ndutils.tar
trans.tiff
README          fly.tiff        install.nd*     orbit.tiff
zoom.tiff
dimension4> cd data
dimension4> ls
NDview/    geom/      shaders/   things/
cmap.fmap  groups/    tcl/       tk/
dimension4> cd NDview
dimension4> ls
geom/     scripts/  tcl/      text/
dimension4> cd scripts
dimension4> ls
4d.1               4d.wildcolor       4dcol.z.rb         5dcol.5.rb
4d.2bigwins        4d.xyw             5d.1
delete_all.script
4d.3wins           4d.xyz             5d.123
deletecams.script
4d.4wins           4d.xzw             5d.5wins
nocolor.script
4d.cplx            4d.yzw             5dcol.1.rb         todo
4d.democolor       4dcol.w.rb         5dcol.2.rb
4d.earthcolor      4dcol.x.rb         5dcol.3.rb
4d.gray            4dcol.y.rb         5dcol.4.rb
dimension4>