[ REQ 5236]: [Q] Converters to generate OOGL files

Dear Sirs,
I am the WebMaster of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory.
I have installed the Cyberview/Geomview software in our site, and I am in the
process of gathering threedimensional structural informations from world wide
community of researchers.

In order to do that efficiently and to be able to provide their informations
using 3D tools that you have nice developed I am in the seek of converters
that could "understand" various kind of formats and then convert them to the
one used by Geomview/Cyberview.

I have installed the Geomview software and therefore I am aware of the filter
called "ucdtooff" but that filter failed in performing the conversions even
on the sample input provided in the AVS user's guide, page 2-41 namely:
#
# simple AVS UCD file
#
8 1 1 0 0
1 0.000 0.000 1.000
2 1.000 0.000 1.000
3 1.000 1.000 1.000
4 0.000 1.000 1.000
5 0.000 0.000 0.000
6 1.000 0.000 0.000
7 1.000 1.000 0.000
8 0.000 1.000 0.000
1 1 hex 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1 1
stress, Kg/cm**2
1   5000.0001
2  18750.0001
3  37500.0001
4  56250.0001
5  74999.9999
6  93750.0001
7 107500.0003
8   5000.0001

The result that I obtain is the following:

% /usr/pub/bin/ucdtooff < test.ucd > test.off
Illegal cell type hex in ucdtooff

Now, since the 3D information that my users are going to produce are of large
Scientific interest since their complexity, I really need appropriate tools in
order to be able to provide informations.

I would be very glad if you could suggest me other converters that performs
correctly so that I can use them and spread their use between the users of
the Institution for which I am working.

Looking forward your precious helpful comments
regards

Luca TOLDO (PH.D.)
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Computer Group