Re: [Update REQ 5236]: [Q] Converters to generate OOGL files : BUG!

Dear Sir,
I have downloaded  ftp://geom.umn.edu/priv/slevy/ucdtooff.tar.Z and installed.
I have run it with the example provided in the AVS manual page 2-41:
#
# simple AVS UCD file
#
8 1 1 0 0
1 0.000 0.000 1.000
2 1.000 0.000 1.000
3 1.000 1.000 1.000
4 0.000 1.000 1.000
5 0.000 0.000 0.000
6 1.000 0.000 0.000
7 1.000 1.000 0.000
8 0.000 1.000 0.000
1 1 hex 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1 1
stress, Kg/cm**2
1   5000.0001
2  18750.0001
3  37500.0001
4  56250.0001
5  74999.9999
6  93750.0001
7 107500.0003
8   5000.0001

Follows the results:

% ucdtooff < test.ucd > test.off
ucdtooff: ignoring unknown type stress

% more test.off
OFF
8 6 268503840
0 0 1
1 0 1
1 1 1
0 1 1
0 0 0
1 0 0
1 1 0
0 1 0

4       7 6 5 4
4       0 1 2 3
1       5
4       1 0 4 2
4       6 7 3 0
4       3 7 4 2

The question is :
1) why is the program ignoring the label ?
2) When I load the program Cyberview with the output of the converter, I
obtain the following message:

OOGL Error

Could not load specified geometry due to errors in OOGL data. The erroneous OOGL
primitive begins here:

 OFF 8 6 268503840 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0
 1 1 0 0 1 0 4 7 6 5 4 4 0 1 2 3 1 5 4 1 0 4 2 4 6 7 3
 0 4 3 7 4 2

3) If I load the program Cyberview with only the top part of the conversion
output (the part before the "ignore" message) I get the following message

OOGL Error

Could not load specified geometry due to errors in OOGL data. The erroneous OOGL
primitive begins here:

 OFF 8 6 268503840 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0
 1 1 0 0 1 0

4) Therefore I think somethink is not correctly working in the converter.

I would like to underline the importance of having reliable conversion tools,
if it is desired that the powerfull Geomview / Cyberview programs be used widely
and if it is also wished to "put a pressure" on the establishment the "de facto"
OOGL as Standard for Virtual Reality IP distributed systems.

Looking forward your reply and help
best regards

Luca TOLDO (PH.D.)
European Molecular Biology Laboratory