[Sorry] Re: Re: [ REQ 1544]: ND-view

  • To: munzner
  • Subject: [Sorry] Re: Re: [ REQ 1544]: ND-view
  • From: "Tamara Munzner" <munzner>

There's no request number 1544 in /u/gcg/request/software/reqdb

... so the following mail message was not recorded:
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 17:57:45 -0500
From: munzner
To: problem, software
Subject: Re: [ REQ 1544]: ND-view

>Hi, I'm at NYU, trying to get ND-view to work. It works,
>sort of (very slow) on my host's SPARC-20, but we're having
>trouble with the SGI version. I tried geomview-1.5.0.patch1.gz,
>but now we get segmentation faults when we try to load something
>into the ND-view windows - it seems to work but crashes when
>you load in an object. Advice? I'll call on the phone soon -

Nina,
 Eek, just read your message. I'll only be around for another 40
minutes, so if you want to talk to me call soon (612-626-8325).
 Hmmm. Does it give any error messages when it crashes? It would be
best if you call from a phone sitting right by the machine so you can
type stuff and see what happens.
 Did you unpack the patch file from the same place that you unloaded
the main distribution? Is the SGI version indeed 1.5, I assume? What
version of Irix is running?
 Tamara