[ REQ 5377]: problems with kali 3.0 on a sun

I've found two problems (in an otherwise WONDERFUL program):

1. if you load a file with a pattern such as p6 that shouldn't allow
degrees of freedom (Angle and Ratio), but the previous pattern did
allow degrees of freedom (like the torus), the Angle and Ratio buttons
will remain active, and you get patterns that do not have the stated
symmetry.  I think this is a fairly serious problem -- it misled me
for a long time when I was preparing a set of illustrations one after
the other and wasn't paying much attention to the mathematics.

2. if you click "load" and then "ready" without specifying a file
name, the program hangs.  It would be nice if the last filename loaded
were remembered, or at least if the position of the scroll bar in the
directory were remembered (right now to reload a file you have to
click, scroll, click and click).  This isn't a serious problem.

Silvio