Re: [Update REQ 5366]: geomview and OpenGL on DEC Alphas

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5366]: geomview and OpenGL on DEC Alphas
  • From: "Tim Rowley" <trowley>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 95 17:11:08 CDT

> Okay, thanks. I did that.  I only modified the worldio.c in .../common, not
> in .../x11/O.x11; was that correct?

That's correct.  The ../x11/O.x11 is copied from the "common"
code version during compilation.

> It now complains about unefined values in gvui.c, and I don't see at least
> MG_X11VISFAIL def'd anywhere in the tree.

This is yet another thing that was added after the source
distribution that you had.  Trying to fix this with tiny patches
will be complicated and time-consuming.  I've made up a snapshot
the current development tree as
ftp://ftp.geom.umn.edu/priv/trowley/geomview-zeleznik.tar.Z.  Try
ftping that and compiling.  As a reminder, you will have to add
the following two lines to makefiles/mk.alpha (along with adding
the OpenGL libraries to the SYSXLIBS):

GVTYPE = x11
MGTYPE = -DMGOPENGL

Good luck!