Re: [Closed REQ 5387]: Geomview background image...

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5387]: Geomview background image...
  • From: "Tim Rowley" <trowley>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 95 7:57:26 CDT

> Hello.  I've been attempting for only a short while now, to
> get a grasp of the Geomview Iris GL source code..  That code
> is pretty darn complex! I want to be able to put an image into
> the background of any camera window (instead of just the background
> color).  I was hoping that a Geomview Guru could give me a few
> pointers on where to start.  At the very least I need to know where
> the external module commands are parsed...  Thanks for whatever
> pointers you can give!  -Doug

The code that draws into a window is in src/lib/mg/gl.  If you
want to put an image in the background, the place to do that
would be in the function mggl_worldbegin in mggl.c.  This
function clears the window and sets things up ready to draw the
world.

By "external module commands", I assume you're talking about the
Geomview Control Language, GCL.  The commands in the language are
created with the macro "LDEFINE" (for lisp-define).  The code for
the commands exists in the src/bin/geomview/common and
src/bin/geomview/$MACHTYPE directories.  Unfortunately, we don't
have documentation about how to write these commands.  Your best
bet is to look at include/lisp.h and study the LDEFINEs in the
distributed geomview source.

--
Tim Rowley  --  trowley at geom.umn.edu  --  "Do or do not, there is no try."