Re: [Closed REQ 5413]: Question about the C-code?

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5413]: Question about the C-code?
  • From: "Tim Rowley" <trowley>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 95 7:52:37 CDT

We're glad you're interested in using Geomview in your work.

Unfortunately, we don't have a developer's manual for geomview.
However, there is some information scattered around the source
tree.  Following is a brief overview of the source tree, along
with notes about the relevant documentation.  All file names are
relative to $GEOMROOT.  "header files" means the best
documentation is probably in the header files in the directory
under consideration.

src/lib/camera: Routines to read and perform operations on cameras.
	Docs: header files
src/lib/color: Color handling routines.
	Docs: header files
src/lib/forms: User interface toolkit for SGIs.
	Docs: src/lib/forms/README
src/lib/geometry: Vector & matrix routines.
	Docs: header files
src/lib/geomutil/*: Miscellaneous geometry routines (mainly for
	writing external modules).
	Docs: man pages (section 3) in the subdirectories, header files
src/lib/gprim/*: A subdirectory for each type of OOGL object.
	This contains routines to create/load/save/delete/copy/etc...
	a particular object type. Subdirectory "geom" contains
	code for performing operations on OOGL objects.
	Docs: header files, OOGL manpage (man 5 oogl)
src/lib/mg/*: The device-independent rendering library used by
	Geomview.  Subdirectory "common" is code used by all
	drivers.  Other subdirectorys hold code for specific devices.
	Docs: src/lib/mg/mg.doc, header files
src/lib/mib: Toolkit that sits on top of Motif.  Used for
	X-Geomview interface and Motif external modules.
	Docs: header files
src/lib/oogl: Geomview Control Language (GCL) implementation,
	plus other utility routines.
	Docs: manpage src/lib/oogl/lisp/lisp.3, header files
src/lib/pointlist: Routines for getting and setting points in
	a Geomview object.
	Docs: manpage src/lib/pointlist/pointlist.3
src/lib/shade: Routines for keeping track of object appearances.
	Docs: header files
src/lib/window: Routines to read and perform operations on windows.
	Docs: header files
src/bin/geomview/common: The "brain" of Geomview -- definitions
	of all the GCL commands and code for the user interface.
	Docs: header files
src/bin/geomview/*: Platform specific code for the geomview interface.
	Docs: header files

I hope this answers some of your questions.  If you need more
specific information on some topic, send us mail and we'll try to
help you out.

--
Tim Rowley  --  trowley at geom.umn.edu  --  "Do or do not, there is no try."