Re: [Closed REQ 5404]: geomview output

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5404]: geomview output
  • From: "Tim Rowley" <trowley>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 95 8:40:46 CDT

> Can you tell me how to save a figure I generate to a Postscript file, so that
> I can then print it?

The "PS Snapshot" external modules saves a scene is Postscript
format.  Click on "PS Snapshot" in the modules list to start it.
PS Snapshot will draw the currently selected object from the
viewpoint of the current camera.  Select the object you want to
capture (or select "World" for the whole scene), pick the options
you want on the Snapshot panel, then click on "Save postscript
snapshot". Enter the filename and select "Ok".  This will give
you a postscript image scaled to fill a 8.5x11 inch page ready to
be printed or imported to other programs.  PS Snapshot has
limitations: it can't perform smooth shading, ignores appearance
and lighting changes made with Geomview, and intersecting objects
and some other ill-conditioned scenes will be drawn incorrectly.

--
Tim Rowley  --  trowley at geom.umn.edu  --  "Do or do not, there is no try."