Re: [Closed REQ 5415]: Bug?

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5415]: Bug?
  • From: "Tim Rowley" <trowley>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 95 11:02:34 CDT

> 	I'd like to hilight one 3D picked point(represented by a small
> cube) with different color. I tried to use:
> 	(merge-ap geom-id appearance)
> 	where appearance has the new color.
>
> 	I used the appearance panel(of geomview) to check the color of the
> 'geom-id' and found that the face color is changed. However, the new
> color doesn't show up in the camera window. Why?

The problem is that the object already has attributes linked to
it and they are overriding the appearance you're trying to merge
in.  You can make your new attributes override by using the "*"
prefix to the appearance attribute, as in:

(merge-ap g1 {appearance material {*diffuse 0 1 0}})

--
Tim Rowley  --  trowley at geom.umn.edu  --  "Do or do not, there is no try."