Re: [Closed REQ 5443]: question on geomview

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5443]: question on geomview
  • From: "Stuart Levy" <slevy>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 20:49:23 -0500

> When I tried to rotate this geom ... it does NOT rotate around its
> center.  Actually it looks like it is rotating around the origin (the
> center before the translation in the {INST ...} definition.

This is happening because of geomview's default normalization of objects:
they're scaled & translated to fit within a unit sphere centered on the
origin.  Things should behave as you expect if you turn off normalization.
Either select that on the "Obscure" panel, or type "0N" (zero capital-N)
in a Geomview graphics window, or add the command

    (normalization World none)

to your ~/.geomview file.

   Stuart