Re: [Update REQ 5466] Use Permission for W3Kit, Cyberview

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5466] Use Permission for W3Kit, Cyberview
  • From: "Paul Burchard" <burchard at geom>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 95 21:41:15 -0600

Dear Mr. Stewart,

I apologize for my own delay in responding to your recent
information.  I'd hoped to cut some brand new releases of the
software for you, but it doesn't appear that will happen in the next
few days, and I realize I've already slipped a bit past your
deadline.

So I would like to hereby grant you permission to use the current
versions of W3Kit and Cyberview in your book

   The Foundations of WWW and HTML Programming
   by Ed Tittel, Mark Gaither, Sebastian Hassinger and Mike Erwin

if used according to the permission statements below (please note
the updated URLs).

As soon as you get a confirming email from the Geometry Center
(co-grantors of permission), you are good to go.  I will send you in
addition a hard copy confirmation of this message.

Thanks again for your interest and patience.

	Paul Burchard
	Dept. of Math, Univ. of Utah, SLC UT 84112
	burchard at math.utah.edu
	http://www.geom.umn.edu/~burchard/
	7/11/95

Permission statements enclosed:
----

Paul Burchard and The Geometry Center grant nonexclusive
all-language world rights to IDG Books Worldwide, Inc. to publish,
redistribute, and/or reprint the following material:

   Cyberview 3D Document Generator
   <URL:http://www.geom.umn.edu/apps/cyberview3d/>

and all associated code and documentation, according to the terms
of the GNU General Public License.  We require the following
credit lines:

   Cyberview copyright 1995 by Paul Burchard and the Geometry Center
   Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License

----

Paul Burchard and The Geometry Center grant nonexclusive
all-language world rights to IDG Books Worldwide, Inc. to publish,
redistribute, and/or reprint the following material:

   W3Kit
   <URL:http://www.geom.umn.edu/software/w3kit/>

and all associated code and documentation, according to the terms
of the GNU Library General Public License.  We require the following
credit lines:

   W3Kit copyright 1995 by Paul Burchard and the Geometry Center
   Distributed under the terms of the GNU Library General
   Public License