[ REQ 5502]: GL/ Open GL

Hello,

I am a registered user (u91rdp at ecs.ox.ac.uk) and I am using geomview for
displaying scanned heads. Currently, I am using an SGI and I am really pleased
with how it works, I have even written a module for the various manipulations
I need.

I have been asked to do the same things on a DEC alpha. I know that the
original Geomview was written in GL and uses the forms library interface.
The DEC-alpha source that you provide is rewritten to use software shading and
the X library, as I understand.

Now, having explained the situation, here are my questions:

1) The DEC alpha has an Open GL card, which can be used in X windows. Can I
compile Geomview to uses Open GL and Motif?

2) Do I have to rewrite my forms interface to use it on the alpha?

3) My only other way out is to persuade my boss to buy an SGI (difficult!)

I would be really grateful for any help.

Thankyou,

Richard Postance