Re: [Update REQ 5501]: displaying geometry

  • To: software@geom
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5501]: displaying geometry
  • From: "Stuart Levy" <slevy>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 12:18:43 -0500

Hmm.  I've been playing around with "(interest (pick world))" here.
It seems as though geomview does accept it if given on the command line, as in
  geomview -c "(interest (pick world))" -c - ...

but somehow doesn't send responses to stdout if the "(interest ...)" command is
piped from standard input and standard input is coming from a pipe rather than
a terminal.   I'm not yet sure what causes this, but at least one workaround
would be to invoke geomview with the "(interest (pick world))" on its command
line, assuming you don't need to switch picking on and off.