[ REQ 5571]:

 Hello Software people for Geomview:

 I've retrieved and installed the Geomview files
 on my IBM6000/350 but it won't work.

 What comes up is:

 " Could not load program /home/quinn/tmp/Geomview/bin/x11/gvx

   Symbol XMissingExtension  in sh is undefined.
   Symbol XtShellStrings  in sh is undefined.
   Symbol XtStrings   in sh is undefined.
   Symbol -XmStrings  in sh is undefined.
   Error was : Exec format error.     "

 The install did create the file 'gvx' in the above directory.
 Our university also has an rs6000 ibm machine and the computer
 centre was able to install it correctly on their machine. (But
 removed it for whatever reason.)  I don't have enough disc space
 on the university machine to install it there myself to find out
 what the differences are.  I've used 'VOGLE' for many years to
 view 3d objects and was hoping this would be a better product.

  Have any other rs6000 users had a similar experience?

                       Bonnie Quinn
                       Dept Physics
                       St Francis Xavier University
                       Antigonish NS Canada