Re: [Update REQ 5581]: WebOOGL on SUN?

>When I try to use your 'Pear and Dodecahedron' as WebOOGL, the objects
>load but when I click on them with the right button, the URL for the
>new scene is displayed in the strip at the bottom of the screen but
>they are not accessed. I am operating through a proxy server. When I

Sigh. I think we should change this default value on the next release.
The strip on the bottom is a (subtle) two-button control panel. When
you start up WebOOGL, the right button is activated, and the URL is
just displayed in the control panel. To follow links, you need to
click (with the right mouse button) on the *left* side of the control
panel, which should turn red. Then WebOOGL is in "follow" instead of
"display" mode.

>I am operating through a proxy server. When I
>try the VRML version of the file, I get nothing in the camaera window.
>The one difference that I can see is that during the loading of the
>WebOOGL version, I see three listings of gvgeturl.perl in the Geomview
>Externel Modules window and there is only one during the loading of
>VRML. I never see a reference to vrml2oogl, only weboogl.perl.

The package is making the wrong guess on the file type of the file.
There's an improved version of the software that does a much better
job on getting the file types right, even if the mime type information
is stripped away. When I left the Center at the end of August I
thought the package was on the verge of being released. Perhaps Daeron
knows the current status.

Tamara