Re: [Closed REQ 5630]: Geomview 1.5.0 (Sun/X11 version bug)

  • To: software@geom.umn.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Closed REQ 5630]: Geomview 1.5.0 (Sun/X11 version bug)
  • From: daemon
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 18:05:19 -0600 (CST)

> The problem seems to be the scan-line conversion
> algorithm used to fill the polygon outline.  Is there
> a fix for this problem?

You're right, the scan conversion algorithm used assumes that the
polygons will be convex, and thus will give odd results for
concave polygons.  A more general scan conversion would be more
complicated and would probably run slower.  As most of our models
are meshes or collections of triangles, we haven't felt a need to
devote the staff time to rewriting the scan conversion routines.
At present the best we can suggest for the X11 version is to not
use concave polygons.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

- tor

--
Tim Rowley  --  trowley at geom.umn.edu  --  "Do or do not, there is no try."