Re: [Update REQ 5639]:

  • To: software@geom.umn.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Update REQ 5639]:
  • From: daemon
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 1995 16:42:00 -0600 (CST)

> environment, and found it very impressive. Primarily as a learning
> exercise, I have written an ascii format oogl viewer for the Microsoft
> Windows environment. This program does not edit files or save them,

This sounds great!

You are welcome to use the OOGL OFF file format; in fact we did
not invent the OFF format here.  We did invent OOGL in general, but
that particular file format was one that we adapted from elsewhere.

You are also welcome to use any OOGL example files that you want.

We do request that you state that you got these things from us (as
you've already said you will do), and also that your program was
inspired by ours, or that you used pieces of Geomview in writing
yours, or whatever the case actually is.

And finally, we'd LOVE to see your viewer.  Could you ftp
a copy to ftp.geom.umn.edu by anonymous ftp?  You can deposit it
into the "incoming" directory and send me an email note once
it's there.

Thanks!

Mark Phillips
Geometry Center