Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 13:32:11 -0700 (MST)
From: Lee M. Gross <gross at imap1.asu.edu>
To: software@geom.umn.edu
Subject: RE: [Update REQ 5669]: Compilation problems with Geomview

On Mon, 4 Dec 1995 daemon at geom.umn.edu wrote:

> From: Stuart Levy <slevy>
> Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 20:49:35 -0600
> To: software@geom.umn.edu
> Subject: Re:  [ REQ 5669]: Compilation problems with Geomview
>
> You can grab a current executable for Geomview, which uses the Motif
> interface, from
>    ftp://geom.umn.edu/priv/slevy/gvx-irix5-motif.Z
>
> That's just a compressed Irix 5.3 binary, not a tar file.  Decompress it
> into  .../Geomview/bin/sgi/gvx (possibly after saving the old copy!).
>
> GL across the network is still slow, but not quite unusable.

I got the Motif file above, renamed it gvx-motif, and placed it in
the same directory as the FORMS version of gvx we're using now.  Then
I copied the geomview script, named the copy geomview-motif, and
changed line 51 from
  : ${GEOMVIEW_GVX=${GEOMROOT}/bin/$MACHTYPE/gvx}
  : ${GEOMVIEW_GVX=${GEOMROOT}/bin/$MACHTYPE/gvx-motif}
so the Motif version would be executed.  Everything worked fine
until I tried to change the face color of the model, and then it
crashed with the following error message:

GL:  X ext error:  major req = 70, minor req = 0, err code = 8
ERROR #93  Error in communication with window server: ERR_WMANIPC

Am I missing something?  Thanks for the help.

				Sincerely,

				Lee Gross