[ REQ 5678]: bounding boxes

Hi all,

I've got a problem I can't figure out myself: I need the internal bounding
boxes of geomview for external purposes, but there seems to be no way
to get them. I've already found partial solutions:

My objects (large OFF) are located somewhere in space, their center
and their origin are *different*. To get the center of the object, I
simply say (normalize <obj> all) and read out <obj>'s transformation
matrix, which normally is just a translation (to the global origin)
and a scaling (to make it fit into the unit sphere) From this matrix I
can extract where the object was located before the normalization, and
how much geomview had to scale it in order to make it fit into the
unit sphere, so that I now have the object center and a rough
estimate of its size. afterwards I say (normalize <obj> none) to get
the object back where it should be. Is there really no better solution?

The bounding boxes can be displayed, (and they are used for the
internal computations for look, look-encompass-size etc.), so they have
to be stored somewhere. How can I access these boxes???

Any help is welcome, the faster the better... Thanks in advance,

Andreas